FAA 107 Certified
Below are the basic things an operator must know for flying under the small UAS rule (14 CFR part 107). Scenes From Above will adhere to these rules.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center+
- Must be vetted by the Transportation Safety Administration
- Less than 55 lbs.
- Must be registered
- Class G airspace, or other airspace with permission
- Must keep the aircraft in sight (visual line-of-sight)
- Must fly under 400 feet (with exceptions)
- Must fly during the day
- Must fly at or below 100 mph
- Must yield right of way to manned aircraft
- Must NOT fly over people not involved in the shoot
- Must NOT fly from a moving vehicle (with exceptions)
Contact Scenes From Above today!